Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Video Quality Compare: GoPro Hero 3 White Edition vs TCL SVC 200 Action Camera

OK what did I do? Well I own both the TCL SVC 200 and the GoPro Hero 3 White Edition. And I got tired of everyone saying how kickass the GoPro is. They're ok, but in my opinion they don't stand up to the TCL SVC 200. The SVC 200 costs about 1/3 the price of the Hero 3 White Edition. They use the same internals! Yeah I know, unbelievable right?

So what I did was take both cameras. Set them on a stool. In the videos, the orange at the bottom of the screen is the stool surface. It's one of those hard stools. And then I basically set each to 1080p, 30 frames per second and talked while I took some video footage. The scene isn't very elegant. It's downtown China. But it does a good job in showing a clear difference between the video quality of the 2 cameras. In my opinion, the SVC 200 comes out ahead.

The above video was taken with the TCL SVC 200 action camera.

The above video was taken with the GoPro Hero 3 White Edition.

Notice that the TCL camera is better lit, and therefore colors are sharper. Things seem clearer.

What's more, it seems like that the GoPro Hero 3 White Edition shakes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment